Coral - Rugose
- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL945
- Object Name: Coral - Rugose
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A Carboniferous rugose coral called Cyathophyllum sp.
- Description: The solitary rugose fossil identified as a Cyathophyllum or a Dibunophyllum sp. coral is incomplete and preserved in a limestone with small brachiopod fossils. The septa can be seen throughout the specimen and the top face has been cut and polished. Growth rings are present on the grey polished face with original label. CB 16/6/11
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions: 42mm x 39mm x 22mm
- Inscription: Original Label Cyathophyllum stu....? Carb, Limestone.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,