- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL893
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Carboniferous - Mississippian - Dinantian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A fossil brachiopod called Pugnax reniformis which is approximately 330 million years old.
- Description: A complete fossil brachiopod which has been identified as Pugnax reniformis. The specimen is pale grey in colour. The ribs on the specimen are very clear on the fold where they form a zig-zag pattern. The surface of the valves is smooth. This was collected from the Carboniferous Limestone Series. AR 20/07/2011
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions: 28mm x 24mm x 19mm
- Inscription: Original label (stamp paper) on specimen `Rhuncon. reniformis. Derby'.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,