- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL768
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Devonian - Upper - Famennian Stage
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A highly oxidised fossil Cucullaea amydalina brachiopod from Devon.
- Description: The Cucullaea amydalina fossil is fairly well preserved on a mudstone matrix. The matrix has a schistosity (shiny surface) due to low grade metamorphism. The specimen is a complete visible single valve which is heavily oxidised with brown iron oxide (rust). CB 16/6/11
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Brown
- Dimensions: Fossil - 50mm x 30mm x 15mm; Matrix - 70mm x 45mm x 20mm
- Inscription: Original label on specimen (stamp paper, thin purple margin) `Cucullaea Amygdalina, Up. Devonian, Nr. Barnstaple'.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,