- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL756
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Devonian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A fossil brachiopod called Chonetes mucronata which is Devonian in age.
- Description: An incomplete fossil brachiopod which has been identified as Chonetes mucronata. The specimen features one valve. It is dark grey in colour and infilled with a very fine grained dark grey matrix. The ribs can be seen. A small fragment is missing near the beak. AR 16/06/2011
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions: Fossil - 12mm x 11mm x 3mm; matrix - 40mm x 23mm x 7mm
- Inscription: Original label on specimen (stamp paper) `Chonetes mucronata, Devonian New York'.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,