- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL748
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Devonian - Upper - Famennian Stage
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An impression of an unidentified Spiriferid sp. brachiopod in mudstone.
- Description: The fossil of a distorted and crushed unidentified Spiriferid sp. brachiopod is preserved as a shallow impression in a dark grey mudstone slab. Faint ribs are preserved and the incomplete fossil has a fairly well defined outline which is darker than the matrix. Possibly collected from the Delabole Slate. CB 16/6/11
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions: Fossil - 65mm x 36mm; Matrix - 141mm x 100mm x 5mm
- Inscription: Original label (stamp paper) on specimen `Spirifera, Cornwall'. Slate cut into oblong. 9.5 x 13.9 cms. See 1920 list p.40.sh.3.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,