- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL747
- Object Name: Brachiopod
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Devonian - Upper - Famennian Stage
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An unidentified Spiriferid sp. brachiopod from Cornwall.
- Description: The fossil brachiopod is an unidentified Spiriferid sp. The specimen is fairly well preserved on a slate slab. The complete fossil is crushed and flattened but the ribs are still visible, the outline can be seen clearly as the valve is darker than the matrix. A groove runs along the centre of the dorsal valve. Collected in the Delabole Slates. CB 16/6/11
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Colour: Black Grey
- Dimensions: Fossil - 56mm x 38mm; Matrix - 117mm x 114mm x 5mm
- Inscription: Original label (stamp paper) on specimen `Spirifera, Cornwall'. Slate cut square 11.5 x 11.5 cms. See 1920 list p.40.sh.3.
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,