Plant - Pteridosperm
- Held At: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums
- ObjectNumber: GL1389
- Object Name: Plant - Pteridosperm
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Carboniferous - Pennyslvanian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A fossil pteridosperm plant called Alethopteris lonchitica which is approximately 305 million years old.
- Description: An incomplete fossil pteridosperm plant which has been identified as Alethopteris lonchitica. The specimen is fairly well preserved and brown in colour. The specimen is part of a frond and has leaves which measure up to 15mm in length. The fossil is within a ironstone nodule. The specimen is from the Coal Measures. AR 19/09/2011.
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Terms:Dr Fraser Collection
- Terms:Natural history
- Colour: Brown
- Dimensions: Fossil - 18mm x 25mm; nodule - 37mm x 29mm x 8mm
- Contact: Wolverhampton Arts and Museums Service,