Mayor's Correspondence File, Councillor TE Mayo
- Reference Number: 53/29d
- Accession Number: 0053
- Date: 1952
- Level: File
- Extent: 1 file
- Creator: Various and Walsall Council
- Description: Rev M J Walshe, Request to use the Bloxwich gardens for the annual procession of children (2 Letters), 7-8 May 1952 Mayor Elect of Satfford, Invite to a reception (2 items), 6 May 1952 Mayor of Sutton Coalfield, Acceptance to attend a luncheon, 2 May 1952 Staffs T & FA Assoc, Notification to wear chains of office to the unveiling of the county war memorial, 30 Apr 1952 T S Smith, Request to have use of Blakenall School sports ground for the 5th Cadet Battalion, 28 Apri 1952 Rev W B Makin, Apologies for inability to attend church parade of Walsall Special Constabulary (2 letters), 17-28 Apr 1952 Staffs War Memorial Aid Fund, Apologies for inability to attend a ceremony of the fallen, 8 Apr 1952 T Jefferson Cottrell, Thank you for all the effort to help Garner and Maycock, 24 Mar 1952 Col L G Huller, Thank you for interest and hospitality at lunch, 22 Mar 1952 Harold Smith, Thank your for patronage of the South Staffs Council of Social Service (2 letters), Feb-Mar 1952 Captain Basil Thomas, Thank you for the offer of beer to all the men in the Regiment, Feb-Mar 1952 Staffordshire Society, Invite to the annual dinner (2 Items), 10 Mar 1952 F W Dabbs, Invite to the St Johns Ambulance Brigade area competition (2 letters), 4-6 Mar 1952 Mayor of Smethwick, Invite to the annual meeting of the Staffordshire Girl Guides, 3 Mar 1952 Miss G M Vincent, Apologies for the cancelation of the Soroptimist Clubs annual meeting (4 items), 12-28 Feb 1952 F M Slater, Request for patronship and annual report (2 items), 26 Feb 1952 Alderman Lewis Davies, Invite to the Staffordshire County Council's reception (2 Items), 22 Mar 1952 Mr P F Farmer, Acceptance to attend competitions held by St Johns Ambulance (2 letters), 7-15 Feb 1952 Lieut Col G B Grey, Postponed cocktail party upon the death of the King George VI (2 items), 7 Feb 1952 E W Edkins, Request for funding for the South African War Veterans dinner and social evening, 7 Feb 1952 Mayor of Sutton Coldfield, Request for photos from the ball held in Sutton Coldfield (2 letters), 5-9 Feb 1952 Major T J R Deacon, Thank you for all the good work and regrets for retirement over Ill health (2 letters), 4-5 Feb 1952 Mrs Tom E Mayo, Arrangements to meet the star of 'Outcast of the Islands', 4 Feb 1952 Mayor Tom E Mayo, Invite to a supper with the member of the Walsall Swimming Club, 22 Feb 1952 John Lumes, Invite to the Walsall Transport Inspectors social, 12 May 1952 W Staley Brookes, Notification that Mr R E Cox will commence being General Manager and Engineer, 7 May 1952 W Staley Brookes, Request for a testimony for the Head Gardener at the Walsall Arboretum (3 letters), 2-5 May 1952 Gwendolen A Cotterell, Request to attend a meeting of Tuberculosis After Care Committee, 18 Apr 1952 W Staley Brookes, Notification of extra days holiday after conference of Clerks, 9 Apr 1952 Walsall Savings Bank, Apologies for inability to attend the opening of the Cannock branch (2 Items), 8 Apr 1952 Mayor of Leeds, Testimony for a Mr Lund for position of deputy Town Clerk, 31 Mar 1952 Mrs H J Edwards, Request to speak at the meeting of the Ladies of Rushall (2 letters), 31 Mar1952 Dorothy M Anderton, Thank you for kind hospitality during a visit to the Walsall Central Townsmen's Guild, 11 Mar 1952 Matthew J Somerfield, Invite to the 'Safety First Awards' and sports prizes for Walsall Corp Transport, 22 Feb 1952 Walsall Hospital Mangment Committee, testimony for a Mr Orson for position at Goscote Hospital (2 letters), 14-15 Feb 1952 Mrs Edwards, Request by the Rushall Townswomen's Guild to visit the Mayor parlour (4 letters), 5-11 Feb 1952 Messrs Davis & Soper, Testimony for a Mr Davis for a position Committee Clerk in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, 1 Feb 1952 Frank F Harrison, Acceptance to attend the centenary banquet and dance of the Licensed Victuallers Assoc, 25 Feb 1952 James Potts, Invite to the annual meeting of the Walsall Victoria Nursing Institute (2 letters), 13-25 Feb 1952 Mrs Poxon, Acceptance to try to attend annual charity dance by the Licensed Victuallers (2 letters), 12-20 Feb 1952 Rev J S Reaney, Acceptance to attend the dedication of the war memorial at Great Barr, 6 May 1952 Town Clerk of West Bromwich, Invite to the retirement of the Mayor of West Bromwich (A Medley), 5 May 1952 Mayor of Wolverhampton, Acceptance to attend a sherry party, 2 May 1952 R D Woddall, Acceptance to show documents in the Town Chest to boys from Hardware Street School, 21 Apr 1952 Mayor of Warwick, Acceptance to attend a garden party at Warwick Castle, 22 Apr 1952 W Higgins, The need for Wallington Heath Pool to become a paddling pool (3 letters), Mar-Apr 1952 M Partridge, Thank you for the use of a room in the Town Hall, 7 Mar 1952 W Higgins, Thank you for the letter, 3 Apr 1952 H M Webb, Congratulations on the 50th wedding anniversary of Mr & Mrs Creese (5 letters), Mar-Apr 1952 E M Hackett, Apologies for the mistake of over the diamond wedding anniversary (3 letters), Feb-Mar 1952 Miss Iris E Cox, Request to attend the annual meeting of the Women's Junior Air Corps (4 items), 11-13 Mar 1952 Mayor of Wolverhampton, Time for luncheon meeting at the Mayors parlour, 23 Feb 1952 Mayor of Wolverhampton, Recognition of work by Mr Brock Allon (2 letters), 4 Feb 1952 Miss Walters, Acceptance to allow the Women's Junior Air Corps in to the Council House, 1 Feb 1952 Mr J F Stanton, Acceptance to meet the '18 Plus group' at the Council House, 1 Feb 1952 Mayor of Wednesbury, Invite to the Mayor's charity ball (2 items), 31 Jan 1952 Miss Audrey Meskell, Information on the location and cost of hut used during flag day for the YWCA (2 Letters), 13-14 Mar 1952 Walsall Youth Employment Committee, Report on youth employment work within Walsall, 31 Jul 1951 Some items may have RESTRICTED ACCESS, under the Data Protection Act. Please see the Archivist.
- Copyright: Walsall Council
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Walsall Archives / Local History Centre, Walsall Local History Centre
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.