Mayor's Correspondence File, Alderman TP Riley
- Reference Number: 53/25a
- Accession Number: 0053
- Date: 1949 - 1950
- Level: File
- Extent: 1 file
- Creator: Various and Walsall Council
- Description: J.A.C.Allum (Mayor of Aukland), Thank you for friendship and goodwill, 26 Jan 1950 Walsall Athletic Club, Invite to the exhibition and to present the championship awards, 15 Mar 1950 W.Staley Brookes, Attachment with the agenda for the annual meeting of Municipal Assoc, 2 Mar 1950 Alexandra Musical Society, Invite to the disabled ex-servicemen's party and parade ( 2 items), 6 Mar 1950 J.F.Stokes, Attendance to the general meeting of the Allottees, 1 Mar 1950 Fire Service Committee, Pre-paid account records ( 2 items), 8 Feb 1950 Mayor of Walsall, Arrangements for the visit of the Prime Minister to the Mayor's Parlour (8 items), Jan-Feb 1950 Aerodrome Committee, Prepaid account records and estimates (2 items), 6 Feb 1950 Mayor's Hospitality Committee, Agenda, 27 Jan 1950 A.M.C, Arrangements for the annual meeting (2 letters), 28-29 Dec 1950 V.J.Moore, Reminder of interviewing for handyman for Lower Rushall Street, 31 Dec 1950 L.J.Brockhurst, Acceptance to distribute prizes and talk at the RSPCA's annual prize distribution, 24 Jan 1950 Watch Committee. Prepaid account records, 17 Jan 1950 Fire Service Committee, Prepaid Account records, 4 Jan 1950 Public Library Committee, Prepaid account records, 15 Dec 1949 Education Finance Sub-committee, Prepaid account records (3 Items), 14 Dec 1949 Education Finance Sub-committee, Prepaid Account records ( 3 items), 25 Jan 1950 Ernest C Thomas, Thank you for invite to Bingley Hall circus from the Alexandra Musical Society ( 2 letters), 7-12 Dec 1949 Emma Thomas, Request for father and mother to be placed on the reading gifts list of Bloxwich, 13 Dec 1949 K.H.Widdowson, Acceptance to the S.Staffs British Legion dinner, 14 Mar 1950 A.Marshall, Request if possible will the mayor come speak to the Bloxwich Church Youth Group, 10 Jan 1950 Harry Heath, Concerns for the safety of workers at the Birchills Electricity Station ( 6 letters), 12-22 Mar 1950 Miss L Verity, Acceptance to the Building Trade Employers, Walsall branch, luncheon, 14 Mar 1950 Mr Brockhurst, Letter of sympathy on the death of his father ( 3 Letters), 4-7 Mar 1950 Mrs P Dolman, Invite to the Bloxwich Women's Co-op Guild ( 2 letters), Feb-Mar 1950 Mayor of Walsall, Invites to the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra's performance at Walsall town hall, 16 Feb 1950 City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, Information published in the Orchestra, 14 Feb 1950 Mayor of Birmingham, Request for help advertising the Birmingham Symphony Orchestra's performance (3 items), 8-16 Feb 1950 W.Wiggin, Apologies on not attending the Bloxwich Stafford Road Sports Club's ball, 16 Feb 1950 W.K.Heaton, Recommendation for a Joint Town Clerks Committee, 14 Feb 1950 L.J.Brockhurst, Sorry for inability to attend the RSPCA's meeting ( 2 letters), 13-14 Feb 1950 T.A.Tomes, Invite to the annual social and prize distribution at the Walsall Working Men's Club (2 letters), 7-24 Jan 1950 E.A.Stephens, Thank you for invite to the District Boot Trade Assoc annual dinner, 24 Jan 1950 Mrs S.R.Brackley, Request for help to find a man to remarry ( 2 letters), 4-25 Jan 1950 Bloxwhich Swimming Club, Invite to the old time dance ( 2 letters), 20 Jan 1950 Nal Fed of Building Trade Employers, Invite to luncheon and a request to toast the building industry, 25 Mar 1950 S.Staffs County British Legion, Regrets on inability to attend the board meeting of the Transport Social Club ( 2 letters), 17 Jan 1950 E.H.Jay, Acceptance to visit the Bloxwich Church Youth Club, 18 Jan 1950 C.Badwell, Invite to the Limbless Ex-servicemen's Assoc blind men's party, 31 Dec 1949 H.Anson, Invite to the British Legion carnival dance, 3 Jan 1950 British Broadcasting Corp, Request to know if accommodation will be needed, nd E.P.Bullock, Thank you for a letter of sympathy, 31 Dec 1949 J.F.Foxall, Apologies for inability to attend the Stafford Road Sports Club's annual dinner ( 2 letters), 17-23 Jan 1950 A.Marshall, Apologies for inability to attend the Butchers Assoc dinner and social, Jan 1950 Mayor of Walsall, Letter of regret on inability to include people in the gift distribution list ( 17 Letters), Dec1949-Jan1950 Major G.B.Gray, Acceptance to attend the honorary members social evening, 6 Mar 1950 Mayor of Bilston, Invite to the Mayors civic ball ( 2 letters), Nov-Dec 1949 G.Walters, Invite to the Ball Lane Boy's FC party ( 4 items), 23 Dec 1949 Mrs P Dolman, Acceptance to talk about experience as Mayoress to the Women's Guild ( 2 letters), 20-22 Feb 1950 British Legion, Birchills Branch, Invite to the annual ball, 18 Oct 1949 H.G.Hughes, Invite to the Walsall Local Aid Committee boxing match (2 items), 29 Nov 1949 Bloxwich Carnival, Letter wishes for a confirmation of money received ( 3 letters), 20 Dec 1949 R.W.Hincliffe, Thank you for the Christmas gift of pineapple, 23 Dec 1949 British Broadcasting Corp, Complaint that Walsall doesn't appear in the new broadcasting map, 2 Dec 1949 Some items may have RESTRICTED ACCESS, under the Data Protection Act. Please see the Archivist.
- Copyright: Walsall Council
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Walsall Archives / Local History Centre, Walsall Local History Centre
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.