Mayor's Correspondence File, Alderman J Cliff Tibbets
- Reference Number: 53/14b
- Accession Number: 0053
- Date: 1940
- Level: File
- Extent: 1 file
- Creator: Various and Walsall Council
- Description: W.W. Ensor: thanks for tennis raquets for the Troops, 6 letters, 13 June 1940 Eyre & Sottiswoode: special form of Prayer to be used on Sunday May 26th, 17 May 1940 Elmore Green Central School: performance of The Mikado, April 1940 Sir William A. Wayland: Empire Day Movement, 6 Apr 1940 C.S. Fothergill, Public Assistance Officer: help for the wife of William Yorke see also 53/14d, 17 June 1940 Pte. J. Fawdry: requesting gift as a Dunkirk veteran, 1940 Rev. E. Foizey: Mayor to open Garden Sale for church funds, 9 May 1940 A. Glover, A.R.P. Social Committee: Whist Drive to raise funds for Messenger Boys, 2 Apr 1940 Circular letter to various golf clubs asking for equipment for Forces, 15 Mar 1940 Mrs. Hemming: fund raising for Barnardo's, 10 June 1940 Lord Macmillan: information regarding King Haakon's Fund for Relief in Norway, 30 May 1940 Lt. Col. Hunter, Chief Constable: Alexandra Rose Day, etc. see also 53/14a, 22 May 1940 Miss Annie Heath: donations to Walsall Poor Children's Country Holiday Society, 16 May 1940 H.C. Bennett, Harden Community Association: invitation to be Vice-President and donation, 27 Apr 1940 Mr. Harvey: notice of the death of Lydia Kate Harvey, Feb 1940 Gordon Hawley: C.C. Walker Charity meeting, 19 Apr. 1940 Mrs. Hodson: acknowledging donation towards Y.M.C.A. Canteen, 15 Apr 1940 Miss Phyllis Hinchcliff: Schools Savings Movement, 13 Apr 1940 F.W. Harbidge jun. Bloxwich Methodist Sunday School: donation towards Anniversary Service, 5 Apr 1940 Rachel Hawley: War Aid Fund and Annual Meeting of Girl Guides, 2 Apr 1940 A.E. Bywater, Housing Manager: accommodation for Mr. Churchman of the Salvation Army, 13 Mar 1940 Alderman Ingram: Resolution re the retirement of the Town Clerk, Herbert Lee, 12 June 1940 Col. Joseph: meeting of Group Commanders, 5 June 1940 R.C. Jesson: notice of meeting of the Governors of Cooper & Jordan Endowed School, 24 May 1940 William Kendrick: 3 letters regarding compulsory purchase order of property in Green Lane, 22 Feb 1940 Mrs. Hazel Wilkes: programme and accounts for League of Nations Youth Group, 13 June 1940 Mrs. Perry: Lifeboat Day Committee and 2 other letters, 16 May 1840 Lord Mayor & Lady Mayoress of London: first meeting of the Anglo-French Ambulance Corps, 2 Mar 1940 Some items may have RESTRICTED ACCESS, under the Data Protection Act. Please see the Archivist.
- Copyright: Walsall Council
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Walsall Archives / Local History Centre, Walsall Local History Centre
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.