Langley Green Primitive Methodist Church, Spring Street, Oldbury
- Reference Number: NC94
- Date: 1881 - 1950
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 2 volumes
- Creator: Langley Green Primitive Methodist Church, Oldbury
- History Note: Services were first held in a house on the High Street until a chapel and school was erected in Spring Street in 1861. A new chapel opened in 1872, it was built by John Sadler and cost 2500.
By 1950 the chapel was no longer being used and was put up for sale. A local amateur dramatics society, the Oldbury Repertory Players purchased the building for 1700 with the help of a loan from Councillor Charles Barlow. The chapel was opened as a theatre on 10 January 1956 as the Barlow Playhouse.
- Acquisition: No accruals expected.
- Description: NC94/1 Church Registers NC94/7 Administration and Correspondence Records
- Terms:Primitive Methodism
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Access Conditions: English
- Contact: Sandwell Archives, Sandwell Community History and Archives Service
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.