Tabernacle New Connexion, Oldbury
- Reference Number: NC87
- Date: 1837 - 1978
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 1 file, 10 volumes and 1 item
- Creator: Tabernacle New Connexion, Oldbury
- History Note: In 1834 Dr Warren as head of a small company of worshippers left the Oldbury Wesleyan Church to form a new society that worshipped in a house in Union Street. A chapel was built in Tabernacle Street in 1835 and shortly after a school was also built. The chapel was replaced with a new building in 1870.
The chapel was demolished during redevelopment of the town centre.
- Acquisition: No accruals expected.
- Description: NC87/1 Church Registers NC87/2 Minute Books NC87/3 Finance Records NC87/4 Legal and Property Records NC87/7 Correspondence and Administration Records
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Access Conditions: English
- Contact: Sandwell Archives, Sandwell Community History and Archives Service
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.