Records transferred from the British Rail Property Board relating to railway property now in Sandwell
- Reference Number: G-BRB
- Date: c.1900 - 1981
- Level: Collection
- Extent: 14 items
- Creator: British Rail Property Board
- History Note: The British Rail Property Board was responsible for operational and abandoned track and property.
It was part of the British Rail Board which was created on 1 January 1963 under the Transport Act 1962 to inherit the railway responsibilities of the British Transport Commission, which was dissolved at the same time. Until 1997 it was responsible for most railway services in Great Britain, trading under the brand name British Railways and, from 1965, British Rail.
The British Railways Board archive was closed in 2002, and prior to that closure property records were offered to local archive repositories.
- Description: B-BRB/1 Property Board files regarding land in Oldbury, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich B-BRB/2 Maps of railway property
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Sandwell Archives, Sandwell Community History and Archives Service
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.