Papers Regarding '"The House Where I was Born" A Slice of Clent History'
- Reference Number: FP-CH/15/2/4
- Date: 1954 - 1958
- Level: Item
- Extent: 95 pieces
- Creator: Chance Family
- Description: Comprising: typescript and handwritten drafts of '"The House Where I was Born"' about Clent Grove and Cross Bank; correspondence between Hugh Chance and: H. W. Woodward, the Librarian of Brierley Hill Library, October 1954 and June 1957; Rev. E. G. Klee of Quainton Rectory, July 1957; and Rev. R. E. Pryce of Lower Quinton Rectory, July 1957; a letter to Sir Hugh from A. N. L. Munby of King's College Cambridge; letters from Hugh Chance to: Principal Probate Registry, 20th June 1957; The Bursar, Worcester College, 11th February 1958; and Johnson Ball of Queen's College, Stourbridge, 17th February 1958; handwritten notes, 1958; and copies of maps of Clent. Found together in a file.
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Sandwell Archives, Sandwell Community History and Archives Service
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.