'Family History and Collected Cuttings'
- Reference Number: BS-BAR/1
- Date: 1907 - 1947
- Level: Item
- Extent: 92 pieces
- Creator: Charles T Barlow
- Description: Comprises: 'List of Title Deeds belonging to Messrs. F. W. Ratcliff & Co. Ltd., Anchor Works, Oldbury', 13th January 1947; Viscount Ednam's pencilled laundry lists, c. 1930; photograph of a genealogical table for 'Wilmot 1422-1471 to Barlow 1916'; a copied pedigree of Wilmot of Hartlebury to Hugh Bradley Bennett; press cuttings; comments to newspapers; Order of Service and Dedication of Tablets in memory of the pupils of Oldbury County High School who died in the World Wars; photographs of 'Grandfather and Grandmother Barlow'; cuttings related to Ernest Wilmot Scallon and Hugh B. Bennett; a copy of 'The Roll Call', the official journal of the Midland Cycling and Athletic Club, July 1946; a souvenir programme of the opening of the Edgmond Hall Camp School, August 19th 1937, in which C. T. Barlow is named as a councillor of the Education Committee and Edgmond Hall Sub-Committee; eighth annual report of the Council for the Preservation of Rural England, 31st December 1942; family notes; photograph of Accles and Pollock's square filigree; a catalogue of a sale of household furniture and effects of 5 Vicars' Close, Lichfield, at which Barlow bought a family heirloom, includes handwritten letters, June 1907; and various humourous poems (some by Khanyer Whacket, pseudonym of W. W. Hackett, then director of Accles and Pollock) and anecdotes and miscellaneous pages. Found in a file labelled as given. A label stuck to it gave C. T. Barlow's address as 22 Hamstead Hill, Handsworth, Birmingham, 20.
- Related People:
- Access Status: Open
- Contact: Sandwell Archives, Sandwell Community History and Archives Service
- in such a poor physical state that looking at them would cause damage
- documents containing sensitive personal information about living people
- on loan to another institution
- known to have existed but never received
- temporarily mislaid
- most conveniently consulted in another format, such as on microfilm
- a collection of files or an object rather than a single file or item that can be consulted in the search room
- a library book available on open shelving
Sorry, but this item is not avaliable for the copying service
Sorry, this document cannot be ordered.
There are several reasons why documents cannot be ordered. They may be:
In order to ask us direct questions about specific documents and items, we do need you to use your Reader account, please register with us if you do not yet have one. We would like you to register even if you have no intention of visiting us at the Archive, thank you.