- ObjectNumber: 018740
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic - Upper - Kimmeridgian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An incomplete fossil ammonite Aulacostephanus sp.
- Description: An incomplete cast of side view of ammonite Aulacostephanus sp. on fine grained dark grey clay matrix. Cast shows umbilicus, and ridges of coiled shell. Other shell fragments in the matrix. Found in Kimmeridge Bay.
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Grey
- Dimensions: Fossil - 55mm x 40mm; Matrix - 115mm 110mm x 4mm
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery