- ObjectNumber: 018736
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic - Upper - Kimmeridgian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An incomplete fossil ammonite Aulacostephanus sp.
- Description: Incomplete fossil casts of parts of side view of ammonite Aulacostephanus sp. on fine grained dark grey laminated clay matrix. Two casts show umbilicus, and ridges of coiled shell, other casts show segments of whorl section. Other shell fragments embedded in the matrix and ammonite shell fragments in matrix on both sides of specimen. Found in Kimmeridge Bay.
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Brown
- Dimensions: Specimen - 95mm x 75mm x 22mm
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery