- ObjectNumber: 018734
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic - Upper - Kimmeridgian
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An incomplete fossil ammonite Aulacostephanus sp.
- Description: Incomplete fossil cast of side view of ammonite Aulacostephanus sp. on a fine grained dark grey laminated clay matrix with some iron staining. The cast shows umbilicus, and ridges of coiled shell. Other shell fragments embedded in the matrix. Also another fossil cast of unknown bivalve in the matrix. Found in Kimmeridge Bay.
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Brown
- Dimensions: Fossil - 45mm x 25mm; Matrix - 80mm x 78mm x 10mm
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery