- ObjectNumber: 018673
- Object Name: Bivalve
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Cretaceous - Lower - Albian?
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A well preserved fossil bivalve called Exogyra obliquata which is around 100 million years old.
- Description: The fossil bivalve known as Exogyra obliquata is preserved within a course grained, well sorted sandstone. The specimen is a complete single dorsal valve with growth lines and is pale brown in colour and is infilled by the matrix. PLT/CB
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Brown
- Dimensions: Matrix - 23mm x 18mm x 8mm; Fossil - 12mm x 11.5mm x 10mm
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery