- ObjectNumber: 012547
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic (Lower) - Toarcian (lower)
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: Ammonite fossil called Dactylioceras sp. from Whitby.
- Description: The dark coloured fossil Dactylioceras sp. ammonite displays white calcite mineralisation on the inner whorls and dark on the outer. The internal structure can be seen on the cut and polished face. The exterior is covered by a grey lime mud cement, a section of the outer whorl can be seen out of te matrix. CB
- Geological Complex:
- Dactylioceratidae and Dactylioceras sp.
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Grey
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery