- ObjectNumber: 012546
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic (Lower) - Toarcian (lower)
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: Ammonite fossil identified as Dactylioceras sp. from Whitby.
- Description: The fossil ammonite has a dark mineralisation on the outer whorls and white calcite infill of the inner chambers. The outher whorl has been partially broken and the exterior has been covered by a grey lime mud matrix. CB
- Geological Complex:
- Dactylioceratidae and Dactylioceras sp.
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Grey
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery