- ObjectNumber: 012545
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic (Lower) - Toarcian (lower)
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: A specimen of a Hildoceras sp. Ammonite from Dorset.
- Description: The fossil Hildoceras sp. ammonite is a light brown colour. The inner chambers are paler than the outer whorl and have calcite crystals in the cavities. The outer whorl is completely infilled and significant parts are missing. CB
- Geological Complex:
- Hildoceratidae and Hildoceras sp.
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Brown
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery