- ObjectNumber: 012459
- Object Name: Orthoceras
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Silurian - Wenlock
- Summary: End section of a thick segmented strongly ridged straight shelled fossil orthocone free from matrix.
- Description: The fossil Dawsonoceras annulatum has a straight shell, fine growth lines and large ribs. The specimen has rounded ends.
- Geological Complex:
- Dawsonoceratidae & Dawsonoceras [Orthoceras] annulatum (J. Sowerby)
- Associated Period:
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery