- ObjectNumber: 012140
- Object Name: Ammonite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Jurassic (Lower) - Pleinsbachian (upper)
- Number of Objects: 1
- Summary: An ammonite called Pleuroceras sp. and dates from the Jurassic period.
- Description: The fossil ammonit is known as Pleuroceras sp. The specimen is heavily weathered, part of the outer coil has been broken off and white spar calcite crystals have formed inside and on the exterior. There is some lime mud matrix cemented to the exterior of the shell. Collected from the Middle Lias. CB
- Geological Complex:
- Amaltheidea and Pleuroceras sp.
- Associated Period:
- Colour: Brown
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery