Brachiopod and Trilobite
- ObjectNumber: 009787
- Object Name: Brachiopod and Trilobite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Silurian - Ludlow - Gorstian - Lower Elton Formation
- Number of Objects: 1.
- Summary: Gypidula and Dalmanites with other fossils in limestone/shale from Dudley Silurian c425my
- Description: Specimen of shaley limestone from the Lower Elton Formation (Lower Ludlow Shales) containing an external mould of a Dalmanites pygidium, Gypidula,and Atrypa reticularis brachiopods. Specimen also contains crinoid ossicles and ostrocods within the matrix. Found within the lower most 8-14 meters of the Elton Formation at locality grid reference; S0 938 917, Step Shaft, East Side of Wrens Nest. WG 04/11
- Geological Complex:
- Associated Period:
- Dimensions: Dalmanites: 0.8 x 1.8cm, Gypidula: 2.0 x 2.8cm. Limestone block: 5.7 x 5.4 x 1.1cm.
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery