- ObjectNumber: 007839
- Object Name: Crinoid
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Silurian - Wenlock - Homerian - Much Wenlock Limestone Formation
- Summary: A fossil Clematocrinus retiarius specimen in lime mud matrix.
- Description: Almost certainly same bed as that in which G7826-G7829 were found. ++ Provisionally named ""Clematocrinus Bed"". Lith and pres similar to older specimens in collection. Virtual lack of related fauna suggests a life assemblage probably within littoral zone where crinoids' stems would anchor into sediment.
- Geological Complex:
- Hapalocrinidae and Clematocrinus retiarius (Phillips 1839)
- Associated Period:
- Terms:David Ray Collection
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery