- ObjectNumber: 000459
- Object Name: Trilobite
- Object Name: Fossil
- Period: Silurian - Wenlock - Sheinwoodian - Coalbrookdale Formation (Wenlock Shale)
- Summary: A folded, almost complete Dalmanites from the Caolbrookdale Formation of Malvern. Silurian c425my.
- Description: Dalmanites caudatus (Brunnich 1781) with very little matrix, but from the Coalbrookdale Formation (formerly known as Wenlock Shale) from the Silurian of Malvern. Thought to have been collected from Malvern railway tunnel. Rather than enrolled the specimen has been folded so that the cephalon and pygidium are back to back. Cephalon has some fine detail. WG 03/11
- Geological Complex:
- Dalmanites caudatus (Brunnich 1781)
- Associated Period:
- Dimensions: 2.0cm x 1.9cm x 0.9cm. No matrix.
- Contact: Dudley Museums Service, Dudley Museum & Art Gallery