- ObjectNumber: WASMG : 2009.0303
- Object Name: Label
- Number of Objects: 1
- Production Place: Walsall
- Creation, production or manufacture details: Humphrey Bros. 4/10/52
- Summary: A label for Umbro Scoutwear.
- Description: The label is oval in shape and depicts a cartoon scout wearing a backpack, printed on a plain white background. There are two red and white 'Umbro' logos on each side, and the words 'Passes All Tests' in red at the top of the label. At the bottom, there is a green section, on which is printed 'Sam Scout, Umbro Scoutwear' in white and red. On the reverse of the label the Umbro logo and a space for the price of the garment is printed in red, along with the following text: 'May we suggest that if you cut out Sam Scout, you will find him a most userful decoration. The makers of Umbro Scoutwear will give a guinea prize for the best effort submitted to them. Send your entry to:- Umbro House, Wilmslow, Manchester'.
- Terms:Printing industry
- Terms:Black Country
- Material: Card
- Dimensions: Length: 6.9cm, Width: 5cm
- Related People:
- Contact: Walsall Museums, Walsall Museum